Mike's Chinese Pork & Mushroom Dumpling Soup. Here's a really simple, easy to follow recipe to make the BEST Char Siu (Chinese BBQ Pork 叉烧) Mike's Vlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MikeyChenXIng. View Mike's Hong Kong Bistro menu, Order Chinese food Pick up Online from Mike's Hong Kong Bistro, Best Chinese in Wailuku, HI. BeyondMenu place Search for restaurants nearby.
In my opinion Lynns is the biggest, cleanest, freshest and best true Oriental market in town. The fruits, vegetables, and herbs are cheap and fresh. A lot of the frozen stuff dosent have frost bite either which is good. You can have Mike's Chinese Pork & Mushroom Dumpling Soup using 35 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Chinese Pork & Mushroom Dumpling Soup
- You need of FOR THE DUMPLINGS.
- It’s 1 Bag (30 Count) of Pork & Mushroom Dumplings [frozen – to be added last].
- It’s of FOR THE BROTH LIQUIDS/SEASONINGS.
- It’s 5 (14 oz) Cans of Beef Or Pork Broth [I use beef].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Garlic Chile Sauce [I use Siracha].
- Prepare 1 Pinch of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Fresh Lime Juice.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Rice Wine Vinager.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Light Soy Sauce.
- You need of FOR THE HERBS & VEGETABLES:.
- You need 5 of Thai Chilies [minced].
- It’s 2 of LG Jalapeños [sliced].
- You need 6 of LG Garlic Cloves Or 1/3 Cup [smashed & fine minced].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Minced Lemon Grass.
- It’s 2 Cups of Fresh Mushrooms [rough chop – i used oyster mushrooms].
- You need 1/2 Cup of Canned Bamboo Shoots.
- You need 1 Cup of Fresh Bean Sprouts [left whole + 1 cup reserved].
- It’s 1 Cup of Fresh Snap Peas [left whole].
- It’s 3/4 Cup of Purple Onions [thin sliced or chopped green onions].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Canned Water Chestnuts [left whole].
- You need 1 Cup of Canned Baby Corn [cut in half if too large].
- You need 1 tbsp of Fresh Ginger [chopped matchbook style].
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Fresh Diakon Radishes [chopped matchbook style].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Fresh Thai Basil [must be Thai – leaves left whole – to be added last + reserves for garnish].
- It’s of FOR THE OPTIONS & GARNISHMENTS:.
- It’s of Fresh Carrots [sliced matchbook style – to be added to your broth while simmering].
- You need of Additional Garlic Chile Sauce.
- Prepare of Additional Fresh Thai Basil.
- You need of Green Onions [chopped].
- Prepare of Chilled Pickled Ginger [a MUST try!].
- You need of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- You need of Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need of Lime Wedges.
Some people enjoy Chinese BBQ pork made from a fattier cut, for example, pork leg, or even pork belly. You can adapt the recipe according to your preference. For the Realist Fried Chicken and Roast Pork. (Also known as Faizees') Learn how to make a Chinese Barbecue Pork (Char Siu) Recipe! Char Siu Pork — Mike's Huli Huli Chicken (Kaneohe, Hawaii) : Chicken isn't the only thing spinning on the huli huli machine at Mike's — there's also a traditional pork dish.
Mike's Chinese Pork & Mushroom Dumpling Soup instructions
- Here's what you'll need..
- This is a great dumpling brand. You can find this, as well as all other ingredients listed in your local Asian market. It's also much cheaper to shop there. This entire dish – enough to feed four – cost less than $10.00..
- Mix everything in the FOR THE BROTH LIQUIDS/SEASONINGS section and bring broth to a gentle simmer..
- Chop and prepare everything in the FOR THE HERBS & VEGETABLES section. Add everything to your simmering broth except for the dumplings, Thai Basil and 1 cup reserved bean sprouts. And OPTIONS. [unless you opt for the carrots] Allow your vegetables and herbs to simmer for 30 minutes..
- Bring pot up to a steady boil and add your frozen dumplings and your reserved 1 cup of sprouts. It's important your reserve your 1 cup sprouts be added last for texture, bite and snap..
- At 10 minutes in to your dumpling boil, add your Thai Basil. Then simmer 5 minutes longer. This is another important step. The fresh Thai Basil will add to the sweetness. Stir constantly as so your dumplings don't stick together. Because they will. Also, stir from the bottom as to not break up your dumplings. You'll know your dumplings are fully cooked when they float. Know your soup will thicken up with the addition of your dumplings..
- Serve immediately with sides of fresh lime wedges, fresh Cilantro leaves, garlic chilie sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce and fresh Thai Basil. Thai Basil really does make this dish! So does the chilled pickled Ginger! Try just one hot dumpling with chilled pickled ginger on it. I swear, it's a freaking life changer! Enjoy!.
The name means “red Chinese pork,” and that's exactly what it is. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.. used Shaoxing cooking wine and Mike's Hot . Mike's Chinese Pork & Mushroom Dumpling Soup MMOBRIEN ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO As the old adage goes: “If the good Lord made anything better – he kept it for himself.” Spicy, salty, sour, tangy and sweet! This dish is called Char Siu in Cantonese dialect, or Chashao (叉烧) in Chinese language. It is of Cantonese origin where marinated skewers of pork meat or pork belly are barbecued to charred, savory, and sticky sweet perfection.