Egg-Drop Soup with Tofu (Tamagotoji).
You can cook Egg-Drop Soup with Tofu (Tamagotoji) using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg-Drop Soup with Tofu (Tamagotoji)
- It’s 200 g of tofu (cut into bite sized pieces).
- Prepare 1/2 of onion (cut into 7mm slices).
- You need of Sauce:.
- You need of * 1 tbsp soy souce.
- It’s of * 1 tbsp sake.
- It’s of * 1 tbsp mirin.
- Prepare of * 1 tbsp sugar.
- You need of * 50ml dashi.
- It’s 2 of beaten eggs.
- You need of potato starch.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 bunch of mizuna (potherb mustard) for topping.
Egg-Drop Soup with Tofu (Tamagotoji) step by step
- Dust the tofu with potato starch, shake off excess. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan, put tofu in it and fry until crisp over medium heat. Add onion and stir fry until cooked..
- Pour in the sauce (*) and cook for 2~3 mins over medium heat..
- Pour in the beaten egg and mizuna and cook with a lid. To finish it off, pour sesame oil from the edge of the pan to inside of it. Turn off the heat when becomes desired hardness of the eggs. (adjust the hardness of the egg with the remaining heat).