Ultra-simple Dried Shiitake Mushroom Soup.
You can cook Ultra-simple Dried Shiitake Mushroom Soup using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ultra-simple Dried Shiitake Mushroom Soup
- Prepare 1 of approx. 10 cm square sheet Kombu.
- Prepare 4 of Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 1 of Water.
- It’s 1 of handful Bonito flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of Usukuchi soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 of to 1/2 teaspoon Salt.
Ultra-simple Dried Shiitake Mushroom Soup step by step
- Wipe both sides of konbu seaweed using a tightly squeezed and damp cloth. Rinse dried mushrooms briefly in water..
- Hydrate the konbu in 600 ml water, and dried mushrooms in plenty of water to soak. Do so in separate bowls as you chill them in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours..
- When it's done, put the konbu with the soaking water, 3 tablespoons of water from the shiitake mushrooms and slowly boil over medium heat..
- Remove the konbu right before it comes to a boil. Turn the heat to high and simmer to reduce for about 3 minutes to rid of any chlorine odor..
- Add bonito flakes. When it comes to a boil again, turn the heat off and scoop out a fair amount of the floating bonito flakes. The tip when using bonito flakes for soup stock is not to reduce it too much..
- Strain through parchment paper and that's the golden soup stock..
- Add 500 ml of the golden soup stock into a pot over heat. When it starts to boil, turn the heat down and add thinly sliced dried shiitake mushrooms..
- Add light-colored soy sauce and salt to season. Done Dish it up, and serve with green onion toppings if you wish..