Stuffed beef in grape leaves (Armenian Dolma Recipe).
You can cook Stuffed beef in grape leaves (Armenian Dolma Recipe) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed beef in grape leaves (Armenian Dolma Recipe)
- Prepare of Grape leaves (fresh or salted) 40-50 pcs.
- Prepare of Water for grape leaves – 500ml.
- Prepare of For the filling.
- You need 500-600 g of Beef -.
- You need 1 cup of Rice -.
- It’s 1 pcs of Onion -.
- It’s 1,5 cup of Coriander, rosemary, parsley -.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Tomato paste -.
- Prepare of Green basil, mint, dill, cilantro on a small beam.
- Prepare 1,5 pcs of Tomato -.
- It’s 1 tsp of Black pepper -.
- You need 1 tbsp of Red pepper -.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Paprika -.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Dried basil -.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Salt -.
Stuffed beef in grape leaves (Armenian Dolma Recipe) step by step
- Place the grape leaves in a bowl, pour boiling water and leave for 5-7 minutes..
- Fold the leaves in a colander․ Drain the water, remove excess water from the leaves..
- Place the ground beef in a bowl, add small chopped onion, rice, chopped greens, salt, pepper, dried basil and tomato paste..
- Mix well the filling..
- Place the grape leaves shiny-side down on a table and the vein side up. Add a little of a the filling mixture to the center of the leaf. First fold the filling by bending the top edges of the leaf. Then fold the filling with the sides of the leaf and roll into a tight tube..
- After it, put it all on the bottom of the heavy-bottomed pot, but beforehand cover the bottom of the heavy-bottomed pot with layer of sliced tomatoes..
- Pour water level over grape tubes..
- Cook on low heat for 30-40 minutes..