Instant pot steel cut oats.
You can have Instant pot steel cut oats using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant pot steel cut oats
- It’s 1 tsp of Coconut oil (or you could use butter).
- You need 1 cup of steel cut oats.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- You need of Optional 2 cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare of Optional pinch of salt.
- It’s of Topping ideas (also see notes).
- You need of FRUIT: Banana, cinnamon, dates and maple syrup.
Instant pot steel cut oats step by step
- Grease your inner pot with butter or coconut oil. I put the sauté on to melt the oil for a few seconds to cover the bottom of the pot..
- Pour in 1 cup of steel cut oats and 3 cups water, alternatively you can cook 2 cups steel cut oats with 6 cups water for a double batch.) I also add a pinch of salt and this is where you can add the cinnamon sticks or even a half teaspoon of cinnamon powder..
- Cook on High Pressure for 6 minutes and allow pressure to release naturally. Give it a stir..
- Steel cut oats are still great for meal prep, you can make it ahead and refrigerate for the week. Refrigerate in small containers. To heat up, you can microwave about a minute or heat up on the stove with a little liquid, to loosen. Then stir in milk or soy and add your favorite toppings. I added nuts, milk, blueberries and a tsp of peanut butter to the pic below..
- Note 1 – Vanilla yogurt and Maple Blueberry Topping – Put a handful of blueberries and 1 tbsp maple syrup in a small pan and heat gently until they soften. Mix 2 tbsp greek yogurt with a few drops of vanilla extract and spoon over hot porridge.Top with the blueberries and syrup..