SATE AYAM (CHICKEN SATAY). A signature dish for Java or Indonesian street food is the Sate Ayam (Satay Ayam) which means grilled chicken skewers with different kinds of special. Called “Satay Ayam” in Malaysian language, any real foodies who have been to the entire Southeast Asia region will agree they are the best! While Thai chicken sate are tasty, they are inferior to the scrumptious and rich flavors of Malaysian chicken satay.
You can read about all these special ingredients in my Southeast Asian Pantry Coriander powder Coriander powder is one of the ingredients that my mom. This article is part of the series on. Indonesia portal Food portal. v. t. e. You can have SATE AYAM (CHICKEN SATAY) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of SATE AYAM (CHICKEN SATAY)
- You need of Chicken breast.
- It’s of Sweet soy sauce.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
- You need of For peanut sauce.
- It’s of Pressed Peanut paste.
- It’s of garlics.
- It’s of red onion medium size.
- You need of chillies.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Palm sugar.
Satay (/ˈsɑːteɪ/ SAH-tay, in USA also /ˈsæteɪ/ SA-tay). Sate Ayam (chicken satay) of Indonesia is prepared from chicken marinated in a mixture of coriander, turmeric, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper combined with an Indonesian sweet soy sauce. Malaysian satay is prepared by blending shallots, lemongrass, garlic, and ginger to a smooth paste. Chicken Satay is always a crowd-pleaser and is an ideal party dish.
SATE AYAM (CHICKEN SATAY) step by step
- Cube the chicken, thread chicken onto skewer and Marinated with salt,sweet soy sauce, black pepper. Marinated it for minimum 1 hour.
- For peanut sauce. Put peanut paste, garlic, onion, chilli in blender.
- Put in the pan and add enough water. Cook and stir until it boil and become sauce mixture.
- Grilled the chicken. Dont forget to keep checking and turn occasionally. To better taste brush them with peanut sauce.
- Serve with rice.
There are many different types of marinade, and this is one of the simplest, giving the chicken a smoky caramelized flavour with a hint of lemongrass, cumin and turmeric. Sate Ayam Madura is one of the classic sates that I grew up with. Sate is a very popular delicacy in Often readers asked me why some Indonesian sates/satays don't use peanut sauce. Iconic Indonesian chicken satay complete with spicy peanut sauce dressing that just as good as those you find in Indonesia, so what are you waiting for? So, sate ayam is simply, skewered chicken.