Sweet Lassi. See prices and inventory in your area. Sweet Lassi, a yogurt based creamy, sweetened and chilled beverage from Punjabi cuisine is a popular drink in North India. The curd is whisked until smooth and then sugar is added for sweetness and cardamom for the flavor.
Pour into glasses and add a dollop of yoghurt or some mint leaves on top for garnish. This Sweet Lassi is the perfect choice for you. As I had already pointed out in one of my earlier posts that, my mom had several tricks to keep us cool and hydrated during hot summer months. You can have Sweet Lassi using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Lassi
- Prepare 4 cup of yogurt.
- You need 6 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 12 of small ice cubes.
- Prepare 1 cup of cold water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cardamom powder.
- You need 8 tbsp of rabdi / condensed milk.
- You need 1 medium of bowl grated coconut.
- Prepare Few of dry fruits (almonds, cashews, cherries).
- It’s 1 small of packet bournvita powder.
When I was in the mood for something spicy, it was usually the Neer Mor , the Spicy Buttermilk. In this sweet lassi recipe, the trick is to blend the ice and yogurt together before adding the water and sugar. You can have sweet or salty lassi. I mostly lean towards sweet lassi but if you feel like you need a Gatorade substitute, try substituting salt for sugar in this recipe.
Sweet Lassi step by step
- Take 4 cups of curd in a large bowl..
- Add sugar to the curd and whisk till the curd turns smooth..
- Now blend the curd, cardamom, and ice cubes by using a hand blender or mixer. Maintain the required consistency by adding more ice cubes or ice-cold water..
- Now it's time to serve. Take 4 glasses for 4 people..
- Firstly pour 1 tbsp rabdi or condensed milk in glass..
- Secondly, add the curd which we already blend..
- Thirdly add 2 tbsp grated coconut on top of the curd..
- Fourthly put 1 tbsp rabdi or condensed milk on top of the coconut..
- Finally, add dry fruits and sprinkle some bournvita powder on top..
- Now the summer special cold lassi is ready to serve..
Lassi is a Pakistani and Indian yogurt drink made with yogurt, milk, ice, and sugar. This is the best plain sweet lassi recipe I've ever had and it comes from my brother-in-law's kitchen. He uses a small amount of whipping cream to create a lassi drink that's perfectly sweet, extra creamy, and instantly refreshing. This popular homemade sweet lassi is a refreshing, creamy, and cooling drink for summer. Made with a blend of yogurt, sugar and cardamom, it perfectly complements the spices in Indian food.