Lemon Cream Cheese Almond Cake. Almond Poppy Seed Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese. By Julie Espy Published in Cake. So this cake sandwich is the bee's knees.
Blueberry Almond Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese FrostingAlways Order Dessert. Cake: Cream butter, cream cheese and xylitol together, mixing well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. You can have Lemon Cream Cheese Almond Cake using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Cream Cheese Almond Cake
- It’s of Topping.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of lemon zest.
- You need 1/2 cup of almond slices.
- It’s of Cake.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/8 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 1/8 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 10 tbsp of unsalted butter, softened but still cool.
- It’s 1 1/8 cup of sugar.
- You need 5 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon zest.
- It’s 4 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 4 large of eggs.
- You need 5 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 8 oz of cream cheese, softened.
In a separate bowl, mix almond flour with baking Cool cake on rack before icing. You can change flavors for this cake by using different extract flavors and even food color if you like! That's exactly the case with this lemon almond cake: It's lightly sweetened and full of bright lemon flavor. Serve the cake simply with a dusting of powdered sugar, or add sliced strawberries or other Using almond flour rather than all-purpose flour makes this cake gluten-free, and perfect for Passover.
Lemon Cream Cheese Almond Cake instructions
- FOR THE TOPPING: Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350°. Spray 10-inch tube pan with vegetable oil spray. Stir sugar and lemon zest in small bowl until combined and sugar is moistened. Stir in almonds; set aside..
- FOR THE CAKE: Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in medium bowl; set aside. Using stand mixer fitted with paddle, beat butter, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, and lemon zest on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined. Add 4 teaspoons vanilla and mix to combine. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with 2 additions of sour cream, scraping down bowl as needed. Give batter final stir by hand..
- Reserve 1 1/4 cups batter and set aside. Spoon remaining batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Return now-empty bowl to mixer and beat cream cheese, remaining 5 tablespoons sugar, lemon juice, and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla on medium speed until smooth and slightly lightened, about 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup reserved batter and mix until incorporated. Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over batter, keeping filling about 1 inch from edges of pan; smooth top. Spread remaining 1 cup reserved batter over filling and smooth top. With butter knife or offset spatula, gently swirl filling into batter using figure-eight motion, being careful to not drag filling to bottom or edges of pan. Firmly tap pan on counter 2 or 3 times to dislodge any bubbles. Sprinkle sugar topping evenly over batter and gently press into batter to adhere..
- Bake until top is golden and just firm, and skewer inserted in cake comes out clean (skewer will be wet if inserted in cream cheese filling), 45 to 50 minutes. Remove pan from oven and firmly tap on counter 2 or 3 times (top of cake may sink slightly). Let cake cool in pan on wire rack for 1 hour. Gently invert cake onto rimmed baking sheet (cake will be topping side down); remove tube pan, place wire rack on top of cake, and invert cake sugar side up. Let cool to room temperature, about 1 1/2 hours, before serving..
In this video I share with you my Lemon/Limoncello Cake recipe. Light, moist and perfect for spring! Put the flour, baking powder, spices, salt, ground almonds and. Lightly grease a baking tin and dust with flour. This Lemon Crumb Cake is easy and delicious.