Persian beef stew with sumac. I also like dusting ground sumac over any meaty Persian meal. It's totally optional but a very nice addition. Note that some brands add salt in with their sumac, so taste it before you decide how much to use.
I also enjoy the sour tastes of the Persian cusine. Khoresh Bademjan recipe, a Persian Eggplant Stew with meltingly soft eggplants in a thick, tomato Khoresh Bademjan is a Persian Eggplant Stew with meltingly tender meat, and perfect served with Add the beef and stir vigorously, breaking the mince up, as well as coating it with all those onions. Persian Inspired Herb and Beef Stew with Rice. You can cook Persian beef stew with sumac using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Persian beef stew with sumac
- You need 200 g of beef /lamb, diced.
- You need 2 of large onions, cut into rings.
- It’s 1 of large potato, diced in cube shape.
- You need 5 tbsp of sumac powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Oil.
Kabob Koobideh (کباب کوبیده) is made with ground lamb or beef or a combination of the two. This is one of the most popular kabobs you can find on the streets of Iran. This Kabob is usually grilled over hot coals and is served in fancy restaurants and clubs, as well as in the little shacks scattered in any. Ghormeh sabzi is delicious Persian beef and kidney bean stew loaded with greens and herbs like spinach, cilantro, fenugreek, and parsley.
Persian beef stew with sumac step by step
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté diced meat until change the colour..
- In a separate pan fry turmeric, cinnamon and pepper for 1 minute, once fried spices starts to develop aroma, remove from the heat..
- Add some water and all fried spices to the sautéed meat and cook it until the meat is tender. Once meat is cooked, season with salt..
- Fry the onions and potatoes..
- Add them to the cooked meat..
- Finally add sumac powder as well. Pour 250 ml watr, gently stir all ingredients together.Taste the stew and if needs more pepper or salt, season it..
- Let simmer for about 20 minutes. Sumac stew is served with rice..
- Bon appetit.
Pierce dried limes with a fork and add to the stew. Persian Okra Stew (Khoresh Bamieh) is meat stewed with tomatoes, okra, and spices. It's delicious enough to convert even the most adamant okra haters! Eggplant Sumac Meatballs with Saffron Rice is perfect for a simple dinner that doesn't require a lot of effort. The stew is made with either beef or lamb.