You can cook Sausage Gravy using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage Gravy
- It’s 200 grams of Wiener sausages.
- You need 1 of half Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Green pepper.
- It’s 2 of Brown cap mushrooms.
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 35 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 30 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 400 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of Soup stock cube.
- You need 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of Pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of Parsley.
Sausage Gravy instructions
- I think this is taster if you used spicy sausages rather than just plain ones. You can use canned mushrooms instead of fresh ones. Finely chop all the ingredients shown in the picture..
- Put the chopped ingredients into a pot and stir fry thoroughly. You don't need oil as oil will render from the sausages. If there's excess fat, absorb with paper towels..
- Add the butter and melt completely..
- Add the flour a little at a time. You want to cook so that the bottom of the pot browns but doesn't burn..
- Add the milk and mix thoroughly. It will burn if it boils, so turn the heat to medium..
- Add the soup stock cube and mix to dissolve. You can also use consomme powder. Season with salt and pepper (how much you need depends on the kind of sausages you're using)..
- If using for biscuits (scones) or toast, this is enough for 4 servings. For pasta, it's enough for 2. You can also use it in gratin..
- A picture of it poured top of biscuits made with. Adding a bit of parsley mades it nice and colorful..