Persian Love Cake. This best-ever Persian Love Cake gets flavor from rose water, cardamom, almond flour and more. Get the recipe from Food & Wine. You're going to fall in love with this Persian Love Cake!!!
It has a distinguish flavor from the nutmeg, mahleb and buckwheat flour in it. Persian love cake is moist, spongy and will enchant you with its exotic flavors of rose, cardamom and saffron. Luxuriously packed with almonds and sprinkled with pistachios, it is so easy to make! You can have Persian Love Cake using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Persian Love Cake
- It’s of Ingredients.
- It’s 2 cups of almond flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- You need 2 of whole eggs.
- It’s 120 g of unsalted butter.
- You need of Zest of lemon or lime.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare handful of flake almonds or silvered pistachios.
- You need of Ingredients for syrup.
- You need 1 of large orange juie.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of honey.
- Prepare 1 tsp of 0range blossom (Bahar narenj) or rosewater.
Citrus and gentle spices make this delicious cake unforgettable. Topped with icing and baked in a Exotic, fragrant, beautiful – what's not to love about this luxurious cake? Persian love cake is full of amazing flavors. You'll fall in love with the notes of cardamom, rose and saffron in this classic Persian dessert.
Persian Love Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven at 180C degree. Mix butter with brown and white sugar with an electric mixer. Then add two eggs and beat for a minute..
- Add lemon zest and yogurt to the mixture and beat until all ingredients incorporated…
- In a separate bowl, add almond flour and plain flour, nutmeg, baking powder and cardamom. Stir them. Pour dry ingredients into the above mentioned batter. Mix with electric mixer all together..
- Grease sides of a cake tin, and cover the base of the tin with parchment paper. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and scatter over almond flakes or chopped pistachio..
- Place it into preheated oven and bake for about 55-60 minutes. Insert a skewer or a knife into the cake, if comes out clean, it means cake is baked.Meanwhile, prepare the syrup a few minutes before the cake is ready: Add honey, orange juice and rose water or orange blossom to a saucepan. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Set aside..
- Place the cake on a tray. While the cake is hot, use a wooden skewer and Poke several small holes on the cake and pour warm syrup all over the cake. Allow to soak for an hour and them remove from the cake tin..
- Cut the cake and serve it with Greek yogurt (yes that’s right with yogurt), taste is just perfect..
Persian Love Cake is a guest recipe by Yasmin Khan so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. Persian love cake (Murdoch Books)Source: Murdoch Books. Lovely decoration ideas are edible rose petals, sliced fresh figs and a very light dusting of icing sugar. Once upon a time, there was a Persian woman madly in love with a prince. To make him fall in love with her, she baked him this cake, filled with magical love powers.