Apricot pound cake. This cake is soft and moist with a ribbon of apricot jam running through it. This is one of the best pound cakes I have ever had, very moist and flavourful. Next time will add chopped dried apricots, we love apricots!
Tender crumb pound cake filled with tangy apricots. This apricot pound cake is even better paired with Apricot Lavender Ice cream. It just melts in your mouth with each bite. You can have Apricot pound cake using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apricot pound cake
- It’s 60 g of butter unsalted.
- You need 60 g of cake flour.
- You need 60 g of sugar half brown, half white.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 of baking powder.
- Prepare 30-40 g of dry apricot.
- You need of rum.
- It’s of cinamon.
- Prepare of honey.
- It’s of squeezed lemon.
Make a classic cake you can serve every which way–plain, with fruit or whipped cream, toasted, or cut into squares for dipping in fondue. Be the first to write a review! Cut dry apricot and poor rum. I added a piece of cinnamon as well.
Apricot pound cake step by step
- Cut dry apricot and poor rum. Warm it in the microwave approx 30sec. I added a piece of cinnamon as well..
- Mix butter and sugar.
- Mix with egg..
- Mix with floor and baking poweder and apricot in 1..
- Butter on the mold..
- Pour 4 into the mold..
- Bake it approx 15mins under 170C..
- Mix rum, honey and squeezed lemon, maybe a bit of hot water if it's too sticky and pour it from the top..
- Bake it again for 20-25mins. And pour the same liquid..
Now this is the way pound cake should taste. The flavor of the apricot brandy is mouth-watering. The texture of this cake is moist and slightly dense. The flavor was even stronger the next day. Beating the butter and sugar until light and fluffy is essential to this pound cake's moist, tender crumb and the Grand-Marnier Poached Apricots add a boozy yet sweet kick.