Easy! Aromatic Kinako Shortbread Cookies.
You can cook Easy! Aromatic Kinako Shortbread Cookies using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy! Aromatic Kinako Shortbread Cookies
- Prepare 70 grams of ○Cake flour.
- Prepare 20 grams of ○Kinako.
- Prepare 1 small of pinch ○Salt.
- It’s 50 grams of Unsalted butter (cultured butter is best).
- You need 25 grams of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Heavy cream (or half and half ).
- You need 1 of Sugar crystals (or granulated sugar).
Easy! Aromatic Kinako Shortbread Cookies instructions
- Combine the ○ ingredients and sift twice..
- Mix together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until white with the consistency of mayonnaise. (The picture shows the recipe quadrupled.).
- Add the heavy cream to the sugar and butter. When evenly combined, add the dry ingredients from Step 1. Fold together until it combines into a single ball..
- Wrap with plastic, creating a log of 3~4 cm in diameter, 18~20 cm in length..
- Let chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. At this step, you can also store the dough in the freezer. Be careful not to let it dry out. (It'll keep for about 2 weeks.).
- While shaping the dough into a log, coat in sugar crystals. Cut into 1~1.5cm slices..
- Bake in an oven preheated to 170°C (160°C for gas ovens) for 13~15 minutes. Please adjust the temperature according to your oven..
- Enjoy! Once they have cooled, transfer to an airtight container to keep away from humidity..
- You can make a small quantity at a time. They'll look colorful if you can make different varieties..
- For a cherry blossom version, go to! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/144200-cherry-blossom-scented-icebox-cookies.
- For a chocolate verison, see! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/144179-crunchy-chocolate-icebox-cookies.