Melt-in-the-Mouth Mousse-Like Kabocha Cake.
You can cook Melt-in-the-Mouth Mousse-Like Kabocha Cake using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Melt-in-the-Mouth Mousse-Like Kabocha Cake
- Prepare 1 of half Kabocha squash.
- It’s 3 of Egg (large).
- It’s 200 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 60 grams of Butter (or margarine).
- It’s 4 of pieces Sliced cheese.
- It’s 70 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 30 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 30 grams of Honey.
Melt-in-the-Mouth Mousse-Like Kabocha Cake step by step
- Remove the peel and seeds from the kabocha and cut into bite-sized chunks. Microwave for 5 minutes..
- Meanwhile in a heatproof bowl, pour the milk, butter and cheese in a double broiler. Melt together..
- Separate the egg yolk and white. Add sugar little by little to the egg white and whisk until it has firm peaks..
- Put the softened kabocha, warm milk mixture, egg yolk, and honey in a blender or food processor. Make a smooth emulsion and transfer to a bowl..
- Sift the flour into Step 4 and combine well..
- Pour 1/3 of egg white into Step 5 and mix. Then add another 1/3 of the egg white and mix. Now pour this mixture into the bowl with the remaining egg white. Combine evenly with a spatula..
- Lay parchment paper in a mold and fill with the batter from Step 6. Pour boiling water in a tray and place the mold inside. Bake in a preheated 320F/160C oven for 1 hour..
- As soon as you take the cake out of the oven, cover with plastic wrap. Once the cake cools down, chill in the fridge..