Easy Crispy Black Tea Shortbread Cookies.
You can cook Easy Crispy Black Tea Shortbread Cookies using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Crispy Black Tea Shortbread Cookies
- You need 70 grams of ○Cake flour.
- You need 20 grams of ○Almond flour.
- Prepare 1 small of pinch ○Salt.
- You need 1 of teabag ○Earl Grey tea.
- You need 50 grams of Unsalted butter (cultured butter is best).
- You need 25 grams of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Heavy cream (or half and half ).
- You need 1 of Sugar crystals (or granulated sugar).
Easy Crispy Black Tea Shortbread Cookies step by step
- Sift the ○ marked ingredients twice..
- Mix butter and powdered sugar with a hand mixer until they turn white and become a mayonnaise-like consistency. (I quadrupled the recipe in this photo.).
- Add heavy cream to Step 2 and combine. Then add the ○ ingredients from Step 1. Mix well until the dough come together..
- Wrap the dough in cling film and shape into a log of 6-8 cm diameter and 18-20 cm length..
- Chill in the fridge for more than 3 hours. You can keep it in the freezer but it will dry out if you keep it for too long. (You can store in the freezer for about 2 weeks.).
- Shape the dough into a nice log and sprinkle sugar crystals. Slice into 1-1.5 cm thick rounds..
- Preheat the oven to 338°F/170℃ (325°F/160℃ for a gas oven) and bake for 13-15 minutes. Adjust the baking time depending on your oven..
- They're done! Leave to cool slightly, then keep in an airtight container so that they won't soften and get stale..
- You can make a small quantity at a time. Make different flavors and colors!.