Persian Adas Polo(lentil and rice).
You can cook Persian Adas Polo(lentil and rice) using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Persian Adas Polo(lentil and rice)
- You need 2 cups of rice.
- It’s 1 cup of lentil.
- You need 2 of medium onions.
- It’s 1/2 of tea spoon saffron.
- You need 200 g of minced beef.
- Prepare 100 g of raisins.
- Prepare 2-3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of potato.
- You need of salt, pepper, cinnamon.
Persian Adas Polo(lentil and rice) step by step
- Boil 3 cups of water add salt and rice, keep boiling till rice is almost soft but a bit hard inside. drain the rice..
- Put saffron in a small bowl with a little hot water leave in a warm place till it gives all the color and taste to water..
- Boil the lentil with a little water until it's almost soft. Add some fried onion to lentil..
- Peel and fry the onions until it is gold. Add half of it to lentil and keep the other half for the top..
- Fry the minced beef with the crushed garlic. Add salt, pepper cinnamon and 3 tea spoons of liquid saffron.
- Wash and fry the raisins with a little oil for 2-3 minutes..
- Pour some oil in a pot and heat it. Peel and slice the potato, put them at the bottom of the pot..
- Mix the rice and lentil in the pot..
- Cover the pot with a clean kitchen towel. Steam the rice for 30-40 minutes in low fire..
- Add 4 spoons of rice and lentil to the liquid saffron.Put the rice in a dish and design it with the fried onion, meat, yellow saffron rice and raisins..