Almond and plum cake.
You can have Almond and plum cake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Almond and plum cake
- You need 240 grams of almond meal.
- You need 1/2 head of orange juice squeezed from half an orange.
- Prepare 1 of orange zest from whole orange.
- You need 150 grams of softened butter.
- Prepare 150 grams of caster sugar.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 75 grams of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 of plums – cut into thin wedged slices.
- You need 1 of cooking oil spray.
Almond and plum cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Coat a 23cm round springform pan with cooking oli spray.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and 2/3 cup (150g) sugar on medium speed until light and creamy. Gradually beat in the almond meal. Add the eggs one at a time. Mix in the orange juice, orange zest, baking powder and. Reduce the speed to low and mix in the flour until just blended..
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan..
- Gently place the plum wedges on top of the batter. Sprinkle with some caster sugar..
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out with a few moist crumbs. Transfer the cake to a wire rack and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes..