Beginner Friendly Kuku Kienyeji Stew #4WeeksChallenge.
You can have Beginner Friendly Kuku Kienyeji Stew #4WeeksChallenge using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beginner Friendly Kuku Kienyeji Stew #4WeeksChallenge
- It’s of Kienyeji chicken.
- Prepare 2 of onion bulbs.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves crushed.
- You need 1 piece of ginger crushed.
- You need 3 of peeled and cut tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 of chopped red & yellow (hoho) bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of chopped Green bell pepper (hoho).
- Prepare 1 bunch of dhania.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chicken masala.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of chilli powder (optional).
Beginner Friendly Kuku Kienyeji Stew #4WeeksChallenge step by step
- Boil the Kienyeji chicken for about 2 hours or until soft..
- In another sufuria, add in 1 chopped onion and oil and fry till golden brown..
- Add in half of the crushed ginger and garlic and the dhania stems. Cook for about 2-3 minutes till browned..
- Add in the bell peppers (hoho) the green, red and yellow. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes. Do not let them overcook..
- Add in your meat and the remaining garlic and ginger and stir with the other ingredients. Let it heat up for about 5 minutes..
- Add in your tomatoes, tomato paste, black pepper, curry powder, cumin powder and chicken masala. You can add in a little bit of chilli powder (The chilli powder is optional). Cover and cook till a thick base starts forming..
- Add the remaining 1 onion bulb and stir in all the ingredients. Cover and cook for 2 minutes..
- Finish by garnishing with dhania leaves..
- Serve your Kienyeji chicken stew with ugali and green vegetables like spinach, kales, terere or managu..